With our wide range of facilities MacDonald Island Park is able to provide the community with a variety of sport programs, leagues and camps. We have sports of all sorts for ages 3 and up!
The RRC has developed and implemented new risk reduction plans to allow for the safe operations of sport programs, in accordance with public health authorities. Here is an overview of what you can expect:
- All child sport programs for ages 3 to 5 are now parented.
- Changing rooms will not be available, so please come dressed for your activity
- Participants are asked arrive no more than 5-10 minutes before the program begins
- The viewing areas located on the 2nd level of the CNOOC Field Houses are temporarily unavailable
- Programs have been scheduled with 15 minutes in between to allow physical distancing between programs
- 50-person mini-leagues will be formed for sports, physical activity and recreation that involve physical interaction of participants at a distance of less than 2 metres.
Youth Sport Programs
Little Stars SoccerDesigned for children from 5 - 7 years of age,
this program focuses on ball handling techniques, team
play, individual skills, speed, agility, and soccer specific
fitness.7000000746Wed from May 19 to Jun 09 (4 Sessions)04:30 PM-05:15 PMSP - Indoor Turf Field House
Shooting Stars SoccerKids will develop their soccer skills as they increase their
knowledge of the game. Designed specifically for children
from 8-10 years of age, this program focuses on ball
handling techniques, team play, individual skills, speed,
agility, and soccer specific fitness.7000000745Wed from May 19 to Jun 09 (4 Sessions)05:30 PM-06:30 PMSP - Indoor Turf Field House