Exciting things are happening in aquatics programs!
This year, in alignment with the Canadian Red Cross, we are transitioning our Red Cross swimming lessons and water safety training to the “Swim for Life” program offered by the Lifesaving Society!
The Swim for Life program is designed to provide participants with the swimming skills and strokes that provide a lifelong basis for safe, enjoyable and healthy participation in aquatic recreation, fitness or sport.
What does this mean for our swim lesson participants? Same great instructors and lessons, just some new names for swim lesson levels! This transition chart will help to understand the change from the Red Cross lesson structure to the new Swim for Life lessons:
- Why is the RRCWB transitioning to the Lifesaving Society "Swim for Life" program?
- The Red Cross announced that they are winding down their swimming program and will no longer be offering it past 2022. Learn more here
- How will I know what Lifesaving Swim level to register in next?
- Our program flow chart or the full program guide to help you. Our Guest Services staff are also here to assist you. You can reach Guest Services at 780-791-0070.
- Why is my child now in a different level then before?