MacDonald Island Park personal training packages are delivered by a dynamic and diverse team of certified personal trainers who can tailor programs to meet your specific fitness goals. Our trainers are experienced to work with a range of ages and abilities with specialists, from pre-post natal training, weight loss transformations, rehabilitative conditioning and sport-specific athletic development.
Whatever your goal or fitness level, we can help!
- Lana Pike
- Lana’s passion for health and fitness started at a young age, but her desire for a career in the field started in 2012 when she pursued the Physical Education degree at Keyano College. During her studies, Lana competed in bodybuilding competitions and discovered a strong interest in body mechanics and physical movement. In 2015, she decided to pursue personal training and sports athletics with dreams of owning her own small business, instead of transferring to the University of Alberta to complete her BA. In November 2016 Lana started her business ‘Fit Balanced Lifestyle’ and has been successfully running it since. In the last 4 years Lana has worked with hundreds of one on one clients, group fitness clients, and she has trained athletes ranging from novice to high performance university level in over half a dozen different sports. In 2019 Lana was proudly honoured to be awarded with Best of YMM #1 Personal Trainer.
- Certifications: ISSA Certified Personal Trainer, ISSA Certified Strength & Conditioning Coach, ISSA Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist, ISSA Elite Trainer
- Specialty: Weight loss, fitness lifestyle, sport specific strength & conditioning, mobility and flexibility
- Jeff Ingram
- Originally from Winnipeg, Jeff has an extensive background in a variety of sports including Basketball, Football, Track and Field, Powerlifting, Strongman, and 20 years of competing in the Highland Games as well as brief stints as an actor and professional wrestler. He retired from Strength Sports in 2014 to pursue physique competition, doing his first show at age 47 and three shows since including a top ten placing at Nationals in 2018. He’s been a personal trainer since 1995, and believes every goal is worthwhile and almost anything can be achieved with patience, persistence and progression.
- Certifications: CanFitPro Certified Personal Trainer and Member (current), Freak Fitness Affiliate Coach (Freak Xtreme performance) certified 2015, Freak Fitness Freak Physique Systems Coach certified 2016, Red Cross First Aid Level 2 certified (current), Society of Weight-training Injury Specialist (SWIS) Symposium 2018, Vertical Diet/Powerlifting Seminar (Stan Efferding) (2018)
- Specialty: Weight loss, fitness lifestyle and body composition, bodybuilding and physique competition training, sport and athletic strength and conditioning
- Xavier Thomison
- Xavier has experience as a CrossFit coach since 2015, and a personal trainer since 2018 by working at fitness facilities in Alberta and Australia. While living in a northern Alberta town, he spent 3 lucky years as a volunteer firefighter earning his NFPA 1001 level 1 and 2 certifications. Xavier worked closely with the RCMP during this time and held group fitness classes for members of the local detachment. His travels then moved him to Australia where he worked as a personal trainer and started training and competing in Brazilian Ju-Jitsu. Xavier is passionate about health and wellness and in helping people meet their fitness goals while having fun in the process. He is especially experienced in working with individuals who are new to fitness, helping them develop solid technique and setting them up for success in their fitness journey.
- Certifications: NASM Certified Personal Trainer, NASM Group Personal Training Specialist, NASM Senior Fitness Specialist
- Specialty: Beginners, fitness lifestyle, group training, older populations
- Tricia MacKinnon
- Tricia MacKinnon was born and raised in a small town in Newfoundland. She travelled to and from Fort McMurray for 6 years starting in 2011 before deciding to permanently call it her home. Her love for fitness started when she joined a gym in 2016. It became an amazing avenue for relieving stress, meeting new friends and gaining confidence in herself and life. Tricia is certified as a Spin Instructor, Group Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer and trains in Martial Arts. When she is not working on her fitness, you can find her being a busy mom to her two beautiful children, dogs and her family.
- Certifications: ISSA Certified Personal Trainer, ISSA Specialist in Group Fitness, ISSA Nutritionist, ISSA Elite Trainer, Intensive Oranj Cycle Instructor Certificate
- Specialty: High intensity training, group training, strength and conditioning, beginners