Everything you need to know for visiting the Legacy Dodge Fitness Centre, High Performance Training Centre & Running Track
When you return to visit fitness spaces and other amenities at MIP, you will notice that things look a bit different. Our team has been busy working to ensure that your visit is as safe and enjoyable as possible. Here is an overview of what you can expect:
The health and safety of guests and staff is our top priority. While things may look a little different upon reopening, we look forward to showing you the measures and tools we have put in place as it is everyone’s responsibility to help prevent the potential spread of COVID-19. The following protocols while using our facilities, will support all our efforts to maintain health and safety.
- Guests who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, who have been in close contact with a case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or have travelled internationally in the past 14 days must stay home and isolate.
- We have implemented a number of measures to assist our guests including directional arrows, signage, and physical distancing floor markers.
- Wash and sanitize your hands before and after using any amenity.
- Follow physical distancing – stay 2 metres a part at all times including your time in the parking lot.
- Protective barriers have been installed at designated locations.
- Wristbands are required and will be self-applied. We strongly encourage our guests to remove and disinfect them after use. For day pass users, please remove and discard prior to leaving the facility.
- Water fountains and vending machines will currently not be available.
- At this time, all guests will enter through the Suncor Community Leisure Centre main entrance and will exit our facility through the aquatic hallway.
- You can access Shell Place via the second level concourse pedway.
Work out Areas (including Legacy Dodge Fitness Centre):
- Guests will notice that we have a variety of work out areas appropriately spaced out to meet your health and wellness needs. They include:
- Legacy Dodge Fitness Centre
- Upper concourse cardio work out area
- Indoor Track with additional cardio equipment
- HPTC & additional cardio equipment along Shell Place walk way
- Our equipment will also be strategically placed in our work out areas to meet government guidelines.
- The Indoor Track will be limited to two lanes. Please continue to practice physical distancing.
- Members will receive access to the High Performance Training Centre through their RFID wristbands.
- The High Performance Training Centre is not staffed during all operating hours. If you require assistance, please visit our Fitness Specialists at the Legacy Dodge Fitness Centre.
- Our facilities have all undergone an intensive, deep clean prior to opening.
- We have procured a hospital grade disinfectant that will be used to clean frequent, high touch surfaces throughout our work out areas.
- There will be hourly cleaning in all our work out areas.
- Additional hand sanitizer will be made available and strategically placed throughout the facility.
- Please bring your own water bottle. Water fountains are currently unavailable.
- Fans will remain off to prevent any unnecessary air movement.
- We strongly encourage you to come dressed and ready for your work out. Cubbies will be made available outside the Legacy Dodge Fitness Centre. To reduce the number of touch points, change rooms, showers, steam rooms, saunas will remain closed.
- We ask our guests to wipe down your equipment before and after every use. To make this convenient, we will have our hospital grade disinfectant and disposable wipes strategically located among our work out areas.
- We encourage our guests to use their best judgement when determining if a piece of equipment or workout area can be safely used while maintaining adequate physical distancing.
- Where spotting is necessary for heavy lifting, guests may form small cohorts to limit direct contact with others.
- Work out spaces may have limited capacity.
- Limited entertainment availability on cardio equipment.
- Guests must be 15 years of age or older to utilize our work out areas. Guests 13 & 14 years of age are permitted to utilize our work out areas with adult supervision and by completing our FitStart orientation.
- Our team has adopted a “constantly clean” attitude, ensuring special attention is given to high-touch surfaces.
KEEPING OUR GUESTS SAFE
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Facility Hours of Operation
5:00 am to 10:00 pm
August 1 Re-activation of MIP Memberships
- Upon closing the facilities in March, all membership types including annual, continuous, monthly and punch passes were put on hold.
- From March 14 – June 18, 2020, membership dues were not collected.
- Starting June 19, members had the option to contact us to re-activate their membership if they wished to do so.
- If members chose not to re-activate, their membership remains on hold until August 1, 2020.
- At the time of activation, memberships will be extended for the length of time that the facility was closed.
August 1: All memberships will be re-activated
August 15: Those on a payment plan will resume their billing
Members currently have the option to continue to keep their membership on hold until November 1, 2020.
If you wish to keep your membership on hold, please submit your request to Guest Services via email to [email protected]
Currently the benefits that are associated with MemberPlus+ are not available. If you choose to reactivate at this time, you will be re-activated at the regular membership rate.
If you require any additional assistance with your membership, please contact Guest Services at 790-791-0070.
We're working hard to bring back all of the programming that you love.
Syncrude MI Summer Camps will be moving forward this season at MacDonald Island Park, details and registration information will be shared on June 19.
More details coming soon!
Drop-In Programming is currently unavailable