Everything you need to know for planning your visit to MacDonald Island Park
Our team has been preparing to make your return to MIP as safe and enjoyable as possible. Here is an overview of what changes to expect when visiting the facility:
- If you are feeling ill, have traveled in the past 14 days, have been in contact with anyone confirmed to have or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 please refrain from visiting any RRC Facility.
- Enter the facility via the main front door entrance at Suncor Community Leisure Centre and exit the facility via the Syncrude Aquatic Centre hallway (first floor access only).
- One way traffic flow through all spaces will be maintained when possible. Please follow all directional signage.
- Pay attention to signage throughout the facility and in all amenities.
- Some areas of the facility may not be accessible at this time.
- Practice social distancing around anyone else inside the facilities – please maintain 2 metres of distance between you and staff/other guests of the facility.
- Please expect to see limits to space capacities inside the facility.
- Please use our mandatory sanitizing stations, to wipe down and sanitize your hands and equipment with supplies provided, particularly between visits to amenities.
- Debit, credit or contactless payment is preferred.
- Some high touch surfaces will be offline (Vending machines, seating, drinking fountains, ATMs etc)
- Access to the main facility change rooms will not be available, please arrive dressed for your activity.
- Syncrude Aquatic Centre change rooms will be available for pool users. For details please visit: macdonaldisland.ca/reopen/aquaticcentre
- Scheduled cleaning and disinfection of high touch surfaces will be occurring.
Wristbands are required for all visits and will be self-applied. Smart Scan wristbands can be disinfected after use. Paper wristbands, please remove and discard prior to leaving the facility.
For amenity specific guidelines please visit: macdonaldisland.ca/reopen
HOW WE ARE KEEPING GUESTS SAFE
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Facility Hours of Operation
7:00 am to 10:00 pm
August 1 Re-activation of MIP Memberships
- Upon closing the facilities in March, all membership types including annual, continuous, monthly and punch passes were put on hold.
- From March 14 – June 18, 2020, membership dues were not collected.
- Starting June 19, members had the option to contact us to re-activate their membership if they wished to do so.
- If members chose not to re-activate, their membership remains on hold until August 1, 2020.
- At the time of activation, memberships will be extended for the length of time that the facility was closed.
August 1: All memberships will be re-activated
August 15: Those on a payment plan will resume their billing
Members currently have the option to continue to keep their membership on hold until November 1, 2020.
If you wish to keep your membership on hold, please submit your request to Guest Services via email to [email protected]
Currently the benefits that are associated with MemberPlus+ are not available. If you choose to reactivate at this time, you will be re-activated at the regular membership rate.
If you require any additional assistance with your membership, please contact Guest Services at 790-791-0070.
We're working hard to bring back all of the programming that you love.
Syncrude MI Summer Camps will be moving forward this season at MacDonald Island Park, details and registration information will be shared on June 19.
More details coming soon!
More information will be forthcoming