Everything you need to know for planning your visit to MacDonald Island Park
Our team has been preparing to make your return to MIP as safe and enjoyable as possible. Here is an overview of what changes to expect when visiting the facility:
- If you are feeling ill, have traveled in the past 14 days, have been in contact with anyone confirmed to have or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 please refrain from visiting any RRC Facility.
- Enter the facility via the main front door entrance at Suncor Community Leisure Centre and exit the facility via the Syncrude Aquatic Centre hallway (first floor access only).
- One way traffic flow through all spaces will be maintained when possible. Please follow all directional signage.
- Pay attention to signage throughout the facility and in all amenities.
- Some areas of the facility may not be accessible at this time.
- Practice social distancing around anyone else inside the facilities – please maintain 2 metres of distance between you and staff/other guests of the facility.
- Please expect to see limits to space capacities inside the facility.
- Please use our mandatory sanitizing stations, to wipe down and sanitize your hands and equipment with supplies provided, particularly between visits to amenities.
- Debit, credit or contactless payment is preferred.
- Some high touch surfaces will be offline (Vending machines, seating, drinking fountains, ATMs etc)
- Access to the main facility change rooms will not be available, please arrive dressed for your activity.
- Syncrude Aquatic Centre change rooms will be available for pool users. For details please visit: macdonaldisland.ca/reopen/aquaticcentre
- Scheduled cleaning and disinfection of high touch surfaces will be occurring.
Wristbands are required for all visits and will be self-applied. Smart Scan wristbands can be disinfected after use. Paper wristbands, please remove and discard prior to leaving the facility.
For amenity specific guidelines please visit: macdonaldisland.ca/reopen
HOW WE ARE KEEPING GUESTS SAFE
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Facility Hours of Operation
7:00 am to 10:00 pm
Upon closing the facilities in March, all membership types including annual, continuous, monthly and punch passes were put on hold and since then no dues have been collected. Upon re-opening and re-activation, memberships will be extended for the length of time they were impacted by the closures.
Members Enjoy Your First Week Back On Us June 19-June 26
Members that choose to re-activate their memberships between June 19 – June 26, 2020, will receive their first week of access to the facility on us. Connect with our Guest Services team starting June 19 either by phone at 780-791-0070 or in person at Guest Services to reactivate your membership and receive your additional week extension.
- As the phased re-opening begins, members are asked to connect with the Guest Services team to re-activate their memberships beginning June 19.
- If members choose not to re-activate their membership, their membership will remain on hold until August 1, 2020.
- After August 1, all memberships will be re-activated and those on a payment plan will resume their billing on August 15, 2020.
- As amenities re-open, some of our attractive MemberPLUS+ benefits may not be available to members right away.
- MemberPLUS+ will have the option to move to the regular membership category or to leave their membership on hold until MemberPlus+ benefits become available (date still to be determined).
- When all MemberPlus+ benefits do become available, members will be contacted with a confirmation their re-activation and billing start date.
Monthly Pass Holders
- Monthly Pass Holders will need to contact the Guest Services team to reactivate their monthly pass.
- At the time of reactivation, Monthly Pass Holders will receive an extension to their passes equal to the amount of time lost due to facility closures.
We're working hard to bring back all of the programming that you love.
Syncrude MI Summer Camps will be moving forward this season at MacDonald Island Park, details and registration information will be shared on June 19.
More details coming soon!
More information will be forthcoming