The health and safety of guests and staff is our top priority. While things may look a little different upon reopening, we look forward to showing you the measures and tools we have put in place as it is everyone’s responsibility to help prevent the potential spread of COVID-19. The following protocols while using our facilities, will support all our efforts to maintain health and safety.
- Guests who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, who have been in close contact with a case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or have travelled internationally in the past 14 days must stay home and isolate.
- We have implemented a number of measures to assist our guests including directional arrows, signage, and physical distancing floor markers.
- Wash and sanitize your hands before and after using any amenity.
- Follow physical distancing – stay 2 metres a part at all times including your time in the parking lot.
- Protective barriers have been installed at designated locations.
- Please bring your own water bottle - water fountains and vending machines will currently not be available.
- At this time, all guests will enter through the Suncor Community Leisure Centre main entrance and will exit our facility through the aquatic hallway.
CNRL Arena #2:
- For all arena booking inquiries please contact Reservations at:
780.791.0070 ext. 5022 or Email
- Our facilities have all undergone an intensive, deep clean prior to opening.
- We have procured a hospital grade disinfectant that will be used to clean frequent, high touch surfaces throughout our arena areas.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations will be made available and strategically placed throughout the facility.
- Arena rentals will be booked in 1 hour or 1.5 hour time slots.
- Each arena rental will be required to have a 30-minute flood block at the end of the booking. This will give the extra time needed to thoroughly clean and disinfect the area to ensure the arena is clean and ready for the next group to utilize.
- Ice use will be limited to organized activities (IE: figure skating, hockey, ringette)
- A skating activity, excluding ringette and hockey, will have a maximum of 50 skaters in the dressing rooms and on the ice including the player benches during the reserved ice slot rental.
- Any ringette and/or hockey rentals will have a maximum of 34 players in the arena during the reserved ice time.
- For those activities where participants are unable to adhere to physical distancing, cohorts of a total of 50 individuals should be formed (mini league). This includes coaches, staff, instructors, and participants from multiple teams, officials, and volunteers who cannot maintain 2 metres of distance from others at all times.
- Mini leagues should remain together for the duration of the Government of Alberta’s stage 2 launch
- Each mini league can be comprised of multiple teams to a maximum of 50 people.
- Game play between teams can resume but must be limited to teams within the same cohort/mini league.
- Once the cohort/mini league is formed, new players will not be permitted into the cohort/mini league.
- If physical distancing on the benches cannot be maintained, cohorts will need to reduce the number of users within that arena rental period.
- At this time, both the penalty box and the timekeeper’s box will remain closed.
- We strongly encourage no sharing of equipment touched by hands (IE: sporting gloves).
- We also strongly recommend that mini leagues are supervised by a responsible person whose role is oversight over the maintenance of the group and other public health guidance.
- At this time, activities are restricted to local community opportunities and should not include participants from outside of Wood Buffalo.
- All sanctioned arena rentals must also abide by the rules and regulations of their provincial sport governing bodies.
- Our team has adopted a “constantly clean” attitude, ensuring that special attention is given to high-touch surfaces.
Skaters will only able to access the facility or the dressing rooms a maximum of 30 minutes before the start of the rental time. (All reserved ice slots are subject to delay if the RRC staff do require additional time to ensure the appropriate sanitization is completed between usage)
- At this time, each arena rental will be assigned the use of 4 dressing rooms by the RRC arena staff and this assignment will be listed on the allocation boards in the arena dressing room hallway.
- Please note that dressing rooms may be assigned to CNRL Arena #1 dressing rooms to help maintain the required physical distancing and provide the staff with adequate time to thoroughly clean and disinfect each of the areas.
- The use of the dressing room showers will not be permitted at this time for the health and safety of our players/skaters.
- Players/skaters that are utilizing the use of the dressing rooms must maintain physical distancing while changing at all times.
- All dressing rooms must be vacated 30 minutes after the rental has been completed.
- To support public health contact tracing efforts, representatives for each organization/arena rental must collect the names and contact information of all attendees within their cohort/mini league.
- The RRC reserves the right to verify participants against the cohort list at any time.
The RRC staff, will be monitoring arena usage to ensure that government guidelines and facility terms and conditions are being followed during the reserved ice rental. These have been put into place for the health and safety of all guests and staff within the facility.
Guidelines and terms and conditions are subject to change.
Facility Hours of Operation
5:00 am to 10:00 pm
August 1 Re-activation of MIP Memberships
- Upon closing the facilities in March, all membership types including annual, continuous, monthly and punch passes were put on hold.
- From March 14 – June 18, 2020, membership dues were not collected.
- Starting June 19, members had the option to contact us to re-activate their membership if they wished to do so.
- If members chose not to re-activate, their membership remains on hold until August 1, 2020.
- At the time of activation, memberships will be extended for the length of time that the facility was closed.
August 1: All memberships will be re-activated
August 15: Those on a payment plan will resume their billing
Members currently have the option to continue to keep their membership on hold until November 1, 2020.
If you wish to keep your membership on hold, please submit your request to Guest Services via email to [email protected]
Currently the benefits that are associated with MemberPlus+ are not available. If you choose to reactivate at this time, you will be re-activated at the regular membership rate.
If you require any additional assistance with your membership, please contact Guest Services at 790-791-0070.
We're working hard to bring back all of the programming that you love.
Syncrude MI Summer Camps will be moving forward this season at MacDonald Island Park, details and registration information will be shared on June 19.
More details coming soon!
Drop-In Programming is currently unavailable